Amaryllis (Hippeastrum spp.), which grows in USDA zones 8 through 10, is another common bulb that is toxic to dogs. In this case, the stems and flowers are harmless, but the bulb is poisonous and may cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, tremors, loss of appetite and depression. It is more dangerous to cats, though no animal should eat it. Also dangerous is the hyacinth (Hyacinthus orientalis) which grows in USDA zones 4 through 8, which dogs will often dig up. Again, the poison is concentrated in the bulb, although the leaves can also cause problems, such as skin irritation and upset stomach.
Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Holiday Bulb Dog Toys - Only Natural Pet
"People used to be scared to come here," said Saarni, who is part of a group called "" that wants to see the bulb remain largely unchanged. "Dog owners came here because no one else wanted to. Along with the artists, we pretty much reclaimed this unused, abused place."
Are Paper White Narcissus Bulbs Toxic to Dogs
Tong said that not all parts of the bulb -- which gets its name from a spit of land protruding into the bay near Golden Gate Fields -- are off- limits because some portions are still owned by the city of Albany, which has made few efforts to restrict dogs.
Palmer Lake, CO - Dizzy, Light Bulb Carrying Dog - Roadside America
If you suspect your dog has ingested daffodils (particularly the bulbs), contact your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline for treatment recommendations.A holiday-augmented picture of Dizzy the Light Bulb Carrying Dog. According to the nearby plaque, in addition to light bulbs, he also carried tools for the workers.